Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Celestial Star QAL: PROGRESS WEEK

Well, we made it to the first progress week! How is your progress coming??

Celestial Star QAL with from blank pages...


I have been trying to make a lot of progress (hasn't happened) and have been trying to avoid the computer (it sucks me in!). But there's always a lot to juggle (like moving all my patterns to my new store front!! so excited! but that's another blog post for another day), so besides a lot of cleaning house going on today, here's about where I'm at right now... (cell phone picture style)


I have two finished blocks, two half finished blocks (I was waiting for the other background fabric) and two more blocks cut out (except that I ran out of white kona cotton. Luckily that is arriving tomorrow! wahoo.) Here is a value mock up of my quilt so you can see how the second background fabric will be:



And today the fabric I purchased for that secondary background arrived! I LOVE this print. Maybe one of my all time favorites! As I've been making my blocks I've thought about how I think I would like yellow as the background fabric, but didn't want to use a solid, and of course it had to be an Anna Maria Horner print as well, and then I remembered this print:

SO beautiful!!


So here it is all laid out, with my blocks pretending like they are in order. It kind of gives me an idea of what it will look like. I guess. ;)



Anyway, it's good enough for me! So here are my outside pieces all cut and ready to use:



And my stacks of fabric for the other six blocks I have yet to cut out. 



I don't think I'll be ready to quilt this by Monday, so I think I just might make a single block to use for the rest of the tutorials... is that so bad?! I need more progress weeks!! lol.


I've been pinning my finished blocks to the wall. lol. ;)


Don't forget to link up your finished blocks!! (finished as in all wedges joined, but not yet quilted - like a quilt top.) :) Link them up separately for more chances to win, but please only link up each block once. I am so impressed and inspired by all of your work!!


I'll pick a winner for the $25 Fat Quarter Shop gift cards on Thursday!

Use #CelestialStarBlock on Instagram.



   

   





Diane

2 comments:

  1. My what a GORGEOUS quilt this will be. Love how you're making an interesting background pattern with that secondary background fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how different everyone's blocks are!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.