Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Week of Finishes: Bee Blocks Quilt

This  is one of my original 1st Quarter FAL projects. You can find the original post with all the projects here. I'll be linking this up at She Can Quilt here.


from blank pages...

A Week of Finishes is all about blogging and finally sharing the things I have finished. I hope you'll join me! The linky will be open until Monday night, March 4th.
Oops about yesterday! I do have finishes, but yesterday turned into a day of paying bills, going on a walk, budgeting, and going out to dinner with the hubby's work! (so fun! yet so much driving) Anyway, here's to another day and another finish! :)

from blank pages...
As a part of Quilting For A Cause, I volunteered a while ago to accept a bunch of other people's orphan bee blocks and make quilts with them. Unfortunately it's taken me a long time just to get this one put together. I have plans for the others and hope to get them done soon. (Assembling blocks is fast enough, but for some reason I seem to stall at the point of basting. Maybe now that I've recently been basting so many quilts, I'll remember how quick it really is and stop stalling.) ;)

So anyway, these blocks are from Melinda, and I think they go together SO well! I really love how this quilt turned out. And I especially love the binding and how it really brings out the beautiful blues that are in all the blocks. (I'm a sucker for blues and greens).
DSC_1039
 The Front

DSC_1049
The Back


DSC_1043
I quilted it with very simple straight line quilting, which I really like. I still need to wash this one, so we'll see how it looks when it comes out, but I am definitely pleased with this.


DSC_1052

Now to find it a good home for someone to love. :)


Go ahead and link up your finishes! :) It'll be open until Monday night. Don't forget to link back here in your post so others can join the fun. HOORAY for finishes! :)

from blank pages...



I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! :)

Diane



1 comment:

  1. you did such a great job on that little quilt! thank you for taking those blocks and giving them a good home. you've put a huge smile on my face :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.