Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

W.i.P. Wed {1-25-12} Diane - 1, Intimidation - 0


I really do love trying new things, but it often takes a while before I'm ready to actually do it. 

IMG_3935

This little sneak peak has been sitting nicely folded and finished, ready to quilt, right next to my sewing machine, for the last month. I actually whipped it out lightning fast... but then came the quilting. I've quilted plenty of things, but really wanted to do a zigzag quilting on it... that I haven't done before. Intimidation took over and I froze.

There it sat for 33 days to be exact, SCREAMING at me to quilt it. And there I sat quietly and as subtly as I could, ignoring it. Doing EVERYTHING and anything else I could think of, just so I wouldn't have to face it. I debated just stippling it, or doing some other kind of stitching, but since I have really wanted to do a zigzag stitch for a long time, I knew this was my chance and I didn't want to miss it. Plus I knew no other stitching would complete it like a zigzag. 

So after many moons, and many projects, and a total makeover of my sewing area (which means I now actually have ROOM to quilt it without having to take my machine downstairs to sew! Yippy!) I tackled the beast and am now well on my way to being finished!!! :) 

I'd love to show you more, but it's a Christmas present... yes. I hang my head in shame. I'm officially super late. ;(

IMG_3941
ok, I'll show you this much more. ;)


I will say that I am loving it... but in all actuality we have a love/hate relationship going on. I loved the design I planned out for it, then as I got all the pieces sewn I didn't love it - so I changed it! Then I loved it. Then I was intimidated by it. Then there was the part where I stepped away from it while it was at the sewing machine, and my little boy sneaked under the sewing machine... and well, I'll just say there are a couple extra stitches in one spot. Uh. (deep breath). :) It's almost done. ;) and I will really miss it!!

IMG_3937


So that is what I am working on this week... and I'm not going to stop until it is out the door and in the mail. :D 

Don't miss everyone else's W.i.P's at Freshly Pieced!
Have a great week!! :)


Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.