Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Friday, November 4, 2011

The weekend

Boy did this week go fast!

Remember last weekends pictures? Well I wish I'd taking more pictures today because the quilt is AWESOME!!!!! :D I am loving it! It's stinkin big too, but when I think about it on a bed it's just right. When I try to quilt it it's stinkin big. :)

I'm sad I didn't take any cool pictures of just the top, but it was too big for my tree and by the time I had help to hold it it was cold and cloudy and too windy outside. Oh well. I'm sure it would have been beautiful with the sun shining thought it!

I actually took it over to the church to baste it in one of the classrooms. Is that allowed? I don't know. But I didn't have enough room here, so whatever work, right?. By the time I was done I felt like I basted all my nose hairs! I touched my noise and thought my nostril was going to stay glued shut. I promise I wasn't sniffing it... I don't know what happened. It took about 40 min to baste, and I'm hoping it will stay together well. (I'm really nervous about it because it's minky on the back.) I also started quilting it tonight and I'm petty excited about it! I want to the final design to be a surprise for my niece, but my sister wants to see pictures. I can't decide if I should keep it a surprise for her too.... Mwahahaha! ;)

I was supposed to have it done by thursday and I feel really bad about it being late for her birthday. I'm hoping I can have it finished by sunday and mail it on monday! Sorry sis! I really have been spending all of my possible time working on it!

But what I'm really excited for is my first ever sewing class at Dave's Bernina tomorrow! (well first since jr.high). I get four free classes, so I'll be going every sat this month (minus right after thanksgiving)! I can't wait!

I've also been craving Dr. Pepper! But talking to the dr on monday I realize that I can NOT have caffeine. :( a sad thing, though I'm sure it's better for me. I noticed last weekend that it totally sets my heart off and then I just feel crummy. You know what else this graves disease affects? My sleeping. For some reason when I'm tired as all get out I think I need to play sudoku or read blogs until I realize that I am falling asleep every five minutes. "Just go to bed already." :) but I also can't do anything physical. I vacuumed the house yesterday and it felt like the hardest thing I've ever done! My hubby so kindly reminded me that it wasn't, as he named off everything else that I've gone through just in this year. I catch myself thinking to myself, "I'm too young for all of this..."and then I remember that I am almost 30, and then I feel so old. And that's when I turn and welcome it all with accepting arms wide open. It's going to happen some day, might as well be today. There's nothing I can do about it. Though the other thing that baffles me is that last year I was doing triathlons, and now look where I am. Huh?

My other struggle has been with my quilting guilt. I feel like with my lack of ability to do anything else, I should not be spending my time quilting. But them today I realized that it is the one thing I CAN do and I might as well enjoy it or go insane. It probably had been as bigger blessing than I realize.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. I have my secret project to share with you, so I'll have to post that tomorrow to make up for my lack of pictures here. 
Have a great weekend and happy sewing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.