Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Friday, September 2, 2011

Potty Training Time

I feel like I'm in the middle of 100 projects that are one step away from being done, some of which have coming up deadlines, and yet.... I've decided to utilize this long weekend with the hubby being home and potty train both of my boys (one is 3 1/2 and the other will be 2 in a couple of days). Crossing my fingers!!!

I made up a really ghetto sticker chart a few weeks ago for them when my oldest went on the potty out of the blue. Ok, all it is is a colored piece of paper with his name on it. He LOVES stickers and loves being able to pick one out to put on it. He wore underwear for that night and stayed dry (he's so good at that) but when the power struggle started the next day I put him right back into his diaper. I think if there are two of us we will be able to trade off a little better, be able to keep our cool, and make it a fun positive experience. :) By myself I just can't handle getting stuck in one place for too long with a little baby. So.... I guess everything is going on hold for a couple more days... and then I promise I am going to finish stuff up!!! :)


Oh, and I have to say, so far we're off to a good start! I snuck in potty time before their naps and he went again today! Hurray!!! He also loved looking at his sticker chart while he was sitting down and seeing that there are already stickers up there! With the little one being a bit more willing to have potty time, I'm hoping that Hunter will join along every time and that the successes will be a huge motivator for him. :)

Hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!!!



Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.