Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Saturday, September 17, 2011

{Celebrate Color}

Celebrate Color

Rachel, over at Stitched in Color, is hosting a Celebrate Color fall party thing. Ok, I don't know. It's a celebration, so party works for me. :) And it's fun, so of course it's a party!

Anyway, there are four different categories for which you can enter projects for prizes, as well as simply celebrate color along with everyone else. :)

I've been thinking about and eying my crocheted Market bag, and thought it would be so much fun to re-share it and link it up on her blog I'm glad I looked at the rules again. It has to be made new, not just a new post. If I make another in the next week or two I'll link it up. :) But I'll still share it anyway. 


DSC_0748

Whenever I think of Market bags, or look at this bag, it makes me think of fall and going to the farmers market for those fresh late summer veggies. Yum. :) To be honest, I haven't ever used it for a market bag, but I have used it. And I will say one thing... boy does it stretch! Putting anything at all heavy in it makes it stretch down to my knees! lol. Though when it's not all stretched out I think it looks perfect. I just might have to make one with a lining so it doesn't stretch so far.



I made this almost exactly one year ago. I had seen a couple of different and cute bags like this, but didn't feel like buying a pattern as I they looked easy enough to make. So I went on a search for a bunch of different pictures, picked the elements I liked and went to work. I was going to go back and write up a pattern for it, but never did. Honestly, I'm a little intimidated about writing a crochet pattern. I think if I drew it and just explained what to do, then that would be ok, but to say, SS x amount of stitches, then add a stitch... blah blah, I don't think I would do a very good job. :)

The hardest part was figuring out the handles, especially since I wanted them to continue the design of the rest of the bag, but I think they, as well as the finishing round along the top edge, are my favorite parts of it.

DSC_0756

I'm thinking that I've sat on the idea of making a pattern for this long enough that it doesn't scare me quite as much, and one of these lazy nights I just might take a go at it. I'll let you know how it goes. :)


One change I know I'll make: don't make it so tall! otherwise it's perfect.


Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.