Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Thursday, July 28, 2011

W.i.P. Wednesday #11

*** Wow. I am so off. Today is Thursday. oh well. :) ***


The first things that come to mind when thinking of all my in progress projects are: laundry, dishes, and general cleaning. Those things never seem to get finished. ;) Though sometimes it seems that none of my sewing projects ever get finished either, at least they are a lot more fun to think about. :) (plus I'm sure no one wants to see pictures of the piles of clothes that need to be washed or folded, or the dishes piled up in my sink, or the fridge that needs to be cleaned out. maybe another day. lol.) :)


Finished Projects: uh... still working on this... though I am SUPER close with so many of them, I'm crossing my fingers that next week will be packed in this category!

In Progress Projects:
Kaleidoscope QAL, boy is this one going to be tricky. I can't wait to have it finished and I know it will look great... if I can get my squares to sew right. :)


swap pouch pockets and such
Here's a little sneak peak of my Pretty {little} Pouch Swap pouch. I think I might have a hard time giving this one away. ;) It's all ready to be put together! almost done! :)


Matchbooks
I didn't actually make all these matchbooks, the young women did (which saved me a ton of time) plus they all turned out so cute. Now to add a finishing touch to them and they're ready for next week!


Tissue covers in the making
I have this stack of fun fabrics which will be turned into a million reversible pocket tissue covers. I realized that it really is hard to pick out fabric for people!!! You think you know someone and what they like, and then when you try to pick a pattern that they will also like, at least for me, it made me feel like I don't even know them! Some were easy, but boy oh boy I hope they like them! :)


Mikaela's Quilt - fabric pile
Here is the pile of fabric that is waiting to be cut for my nieces quilt. It's going to be a BIG one!!  At least bigger than I've ever done. All of those prints are going to be cut 5 1/2" by 5 1/2" and have a finished 1" boarder in 21 shades of 7 colors. Then they will be randomly sewed all together in 12 x 13 block strips. With 156 total blocks! I think it will be really cute! I'm excited to see how it turns out. As she was picking out the fabric she found some extra turquoise minky that I didn't use for another project and fell in love with it (and wants it for the back)! This project is almost going to be completely from my stash! I feel so good about that. :)

can I also add this post! ;) that and updating my side bar. :) I love lists.

I guess that's it for now... though I'm sure there are more in progress items, but this is what I'm currently focusing on. Until next week, Happy Sewing!! :)

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.