Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Photography: Photography with a Purpose

Lately I've been thinking A LOT about how "You are what you Think". And really, it's true. We eventually, in some degree or another, always end up doing what we are thinking.

Two Sundays ago in my church class we talked about gaining our own conviction of things by doing that thing. I challenged everyone to write something down that they wanted a greater conviction of, and ways they could do it. I decided I wanted to focus on Service In The Home. WOW! What a difference! I really can tell you that as I've focused on not being so selfish, and more on helping others, trying to figure out their needs and helping to meet them, these last two weeks have been wonderful! (It was still a little rough at first, but the harmony in our home lately is so wonderful!) :)

I Love it!

So anyway, I was trying to think of what I could photograph this week so I'm not just taking random pictures. That's when I came up with

Photography with a Purpose!

  • Each week, or however often, I'll come up with a new purpose to shoot for.
  • I think for the first couple I'll focus on "You Are What You Think"
  • I'll post the idea the week before and try and have at least some pictures up on Thursday, the following week. I'll see if I can't figure out that Linky deal, and you can link your Photos with a Purpose too! I'd love to see what other people find and focus on too. - of Course you don't have to do the same as me. I'll make up a general category and you can fit in what you want.
  • I think this will be a good way to improve my photo skills, focus on positive things, and help 'become' the person that I hope to be. :)
  • Maybe I can see if I can get guest bloggers/photographers to give some photo tips too. :)

So here is the first Photography with a Purpose assignment:

Focus on something you want to improve/ gain a greater conviction of
(mine is Service in the Home)
and take pictures that reflect on things you did about it.





If you want to skip this one, the NEXT Photography with a Purpose will be:
Your Dream Board!!!
  • Things you want (like a super nice sewing machine. They don't ALL have to be your photographs for this one. But try.)
  • Talents you want to have (i.e. I want to be a better guitar player)
  • Anything else that shows your dreams and what you want to focus on in life (your children, your hubby, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.